The Bermuda is a fast-growing IT content company with 100 million monthly revenue just half a year after the app’s launch, with a video chat app that lets you meet new friends globally.
Most Services were operated on the GCP infrastructure, but some services were operated in AWS and MongoDB. The customer wanted to migrate the “Bermuda store” server, which was developed with meteor framework, and MongoDB to GCP. Also, they wanted to implement the service module internally which is provided by a third-party vendor.
To the Cloud
In the video chat service that uses webrtc, they developed a signal server for internal peer-to-peer call connection between each Mobile Device.
The customer was considering a Docker-based management tool to deploy flexible server management. In addition, the customer wanted to perform migration management through GKE.
- No longer use Heroku to manage Signal Server
- Migrate Bermuda Store server to GCP
- Migrate MongoDB to GCP through mongo-mirror tool provided by Atlas.
- Reduced overall costs especially in the management section.
- Reduction in operating costs for external vendor management
- Acquired flexible fund to aid future service expansion.